This pleasant 2.8 hectare (7 acre) park is situated close to the city centre and was laid out and opened to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria of 1897.  It contains many fine trees, extensive shrubberies and beautiful flower beds. It also contains the King George V Garden of Remembrance where superb bedding displays are arranged around a central pool and fountain.  A place to sit quietly, an oasis of peace, tranquillity and beauty just minutes away from the bustle of city life. For more information on the history of Henrietta Park, see these pages on the Friend's website.